So I'm 9 months into the adult world of employment. I enjoy what I do, but things aren't entirely what they're cracked up to be. I was hoping for a full time position by now, but no such luck yet. Right now it's all contract work. Having work in these times is great (there's kind of a hiring freeze in the government, which is where I've gotten my work term experience), but contract work is a like a never ending cycle of uncertainty, and every 4 months I get to have a whole new sense panic and fear that I won't find work. In that sense it's a bit stressful. And without any response within the first couple of weeks of searching, I have that nagging voice that likes to replay all the embarrassing or stupid things things I've done. Ever. It's been on repeat for.. a long time. I've been in a slump for months. I had a little heart to heart with myself the other night to try and break it. Well... really I had a heart to heart with my grandmother. I'm not really strictly tied to religion, but I usually feel better when I talk out loud to my grandmother (it feels weird to say pray to her...), and I almost always feel some sense of comfort after. Now I am starting my morning's with some constant positive self-talk. And constant infusions of coffee. doziness seems to lead to a lot of self doubt :/
Aside from that, I've moved into a new home for the time being. Being out of province, I've decided to get an apartment in Ottawa for now. The benefit is I get a bit more space! The pets have been brought up and almost everything is unpacked. The only one not done is art room, of course :S. Which is no excuse to not having anything done, but mostly when I get home, I either want to just chill or go out and not waste a beautiful day inside. HOWEVER! there is a local art school here which offers summer classes which I may just sign up for soon . I also just signed up for 8 weeks of yoga classes, plus I'm doing exercises in the morning. So I'm not a completely lost case. Oh, and I wrote a scene that's been in my head forever for a story I'd love to start. However describing what you see in your head adequately is a little more difficult than I remember. I used to write some fanfic back in the day, and it just seemed to flow. Now, however... it seems like I'm trying to ship away at a sealed well, which may or may not be dry... hrm.
Well, aside from the ramble, my starting purpose for this blog was the tag from 1pen so I'll get that started!
1) You must post these rules.
2) Each person has to share 10 facts about themselves.
3) Answer the 10 questions asked by the person who tagged you and make up 10 questions for the 10 you tag.
4) Choose 10 people and put their icons in your journal.
5) Go to their page and inform them that they have been tagged by you.
6) Not something like "You are tagged if you read that".
7) You have to legitimately tag 10 people.
8) No tag-backs.
9) You can't say that you don't do tags.
10) You have the choice to make a journal entry! Comments if you prefer!
1) I took voice lessons for over a year and even placed 3rd in a vocal competition when I was younger. Terrible stage fright ad shyness kept me from continuing lessons or even performing in a choir, but I always wished I had kept it up.
2) My favourite season is fall, always fall.
3) I've become pretty good at doing makeup and faces for halloween, and I sometimes would like to just switch careers and do that
4) My collection of movies might tell an interesting story - I have Disney and Horror (and one or two action for good measure)
5) I'm a gamer geek, I love wow and DND, but haven't been able to screw up the courage to go find a place to play DND
6) I am far more of a joker than I had ever anticipated. I love to do or say things to make people giggle, especially if they are worried or stressed, aside from hugging it out, giving them food or watching an appropriate movie, it's the best way to I can help someone when I can't do anything else.
7) I'm a collector of hobbies - drawing, painting, writing, felting, cross stitch, knitting, crochet, those foil scrape things, costuming, those MLP remakes, clay work, the list is ever growing, and extends past the artistic
8) On one hand I want to have kids, and on another, I'm genuinely concerned that I would not be able to relate to them, and as such would not be the kind of mom I want to be when they are older.
9) I have piercings, and would love to get new ones, but have no tattoos and can never think of one I like enough
10) I'm the type of person who believes tea solves practically anything. Bad tummy? Tea. Sad? Tea. Cold? Tea. need to wake up? Tea. Lose weight? Tea. Go to sleep? you guessed it... Tea.
1. What's your favourite question to ask people?
What do you like to do? - I think this says a lot about people, what they enjoy. It tells you if they are active, if they are solitary, if they like noise or quiet, if they are deep thinkers or if they like things more off the cuff.
2. You get to have a custom made stuffed animal/doll/sculpture, all paid for, what do you choose to have made? By whom?
hmmm... everyone would love to have their OC, and I'm no different. I would love to have my Dragon OC in a stuffy. Although I have no idea who would make it.. I don't have a favourite stuffed toy deviant. Or maybe a bad ass sculpture of my Main WOW character. Aside from that. I don't know. I just love surprises, so any of my fave fandoms would be cool: Sailor Moon (oldie, but a goodie) or Game of Thrones, perhaps.... tough call
3. What is your go-to breakfast?
... Tea. seriously. I'm rarely hungry in the AM, so I usually go for tea. if I'm hungry and time isn't an issue, I love waffles, an over-easy egg, and bacon. nom nom nom.
4. What is the most honest thing you've said today?
That I've had a negative voice on repeat for months :/
5. What are you chasing at this moment?
trying to find myself again
6. What food makes you gag or turns your stomach?
Gristle or fat. I can't handle it, it's slimy and gooey and chewy and just... ugh *shudder*
7. Which would you rather listen to? Storms or waves or birds?
8. You get your own island. What do you name it?
I... probably would never get around to naming it, and it would just be known as my island..... But I'd invite all my friends and fam to come hang out!
9. Your morning alarm is now a disney song. What do you choose to wake up to for the rest of your life?
Almost there, or Part of your World
10. What is your favourite local expression?
"Maid" for any woman. as in "how are you maid?" Loves it.
Aaand I'm back
1) What is your favourite music to work to? (or sound)
2) Would you want to be one of the people to populate Mars?
3) If you could have an old favourite tv show, book, or movie revamped, what would it be, and who would you have do it?
4) What is your favourite guilty pleasure?
5) Did you have an imaginary friend? Describe them?
6) Are you a PC or a Mac person? You have to choice one
7) Who would you cosplay as?
8) What was a loved class, that you never thought you'd like?
9) Do you enjoy something now that you never thought you would? What is it?
10) Engage your inner hipster: tell me about a thing that is totally school, even though I've probably never heard about it, cause it's too underground.
chancesr22 sealle RafaellaRyon Sukeile Faithful-Artery
Wessonnative Pegasus316 The-Watcher007 idquid landoflor